Now, there is only one way to get a handle on your warts, and that’s by visiting a professional dermatologist. He’s capable of telling you whether you have a wart only by taking a look at it and in some rare cases he might need to perform a skin biopsy. If that’s needed, the doctor is going to remove the wart in order to send it to the laboratory where a small piece of it would be examined under a microscope. The biopsy is a quick, painless and safe procedure which is used by the dermatologists and it shouldn’t cause you any kind of anxiety.
How do Dermatologists Treat Warts?
The first thing to note is that warts oftentimes go without any kind of special treatment, especially in children because they can disappear quickly. However, when your age advances, the wart may not disappear as fast as when you were younger. These are usually harmless, but it’s necessary to get the right wart treatment. Visakhapatnam is a great destination as there are a lot of professional and world-renowned dermatologists.
A lot of highly educated professionals reside at Visakhapatnam. Wart treatment is, therefore, accessible at different clinics. The treatments are as follows:
- Cantharidin – This is one of the famous and widely used treatments. The dermatologist is going to paint the wart with cantharidin which is going to cause the formation of a blister beneath the war. The latter is going to die as a result, and you can easily come back in a week or two to get the dermatologist clip it off.
- Cryotherapy: This is another incredibly reliable type wart removal. Visakhapatnam is a place that’s going to provide you with state of the art technology for it. It is the most common treatment as it’s not too painful. While it could cause certain dark sports in people who have darker skin, that’s not very common.
- Electrocautery: This is done usually under local anesthetic, where a specialized radiofrequency machine is used to burn off warts.
- Surgery: Various types of surgery including shave, excision and punch biopsy can be done under local anesthetic, to remove warts.
- Immunotherapy: This is a new modality of treatment where a vaccine like BCG in injected under the wart, once every 4-6 weeks. The vaccine stimulates your own immune system to kill the wart virus and clear it up.
Now, it’s also worth noting that there are other types of wart treatment. Visakhapatnam is home to different facilities which could perform comprehensive laser treatment, bleomycin solutions as well as chemical peels and others of the kind. With this in mind, you might want to take these into thorough consideration. Getting rid of warts should be a priority and a concern. Even though they are rarely dangerous, they can cause certain complications and its best if they are handled on time and as quickly as it’s possible.